everything fierce, everything fabulous, everything fashion.

Monday 12 August 2013

Back To School: Bags (Under £30)

20 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes and 5 seconds till the start of school. We're just under half way till the start of school and I have no idea where my summer has gone. I planned on working on my portfolio and getting a head start this year, but don't we always! I did manage to do a couple of sketches but really, I've done absolutely nothing. As I write this it's really starting to sink in that I've got a mere 20 days to do all my summer homework. Not enough! Holy shit...after this post I'm really going to have to get cracking. It's fine. Fashionista's can do anything. 

Anyways, I thought I'd save you the time and find the best bags to kick start the year, that way at least one of us has time to get any work done. 

Dorothy Perkins £28.00
Next: £30.00





















If you make an effort to shop in less popular stores, you'll avoid the faux pas of turning up to school with the same bag as the person to your left and right. These two bags are perfect if you take textbook subjects and sadly don't have a nerdy admirer to carry your pile of folders to school. Space is a must if you're lazy and don't use your locker like me. I prefer to keep all my books in my bag to save being bombarded during changeover or before lunch when getting books, so strong handles are also vital. The unusual shade of blackcurrant and the soft lambskin replicating Alexander Wang's classic Rocco bag will definitely gain more than a few compliments. You would not be able to tell it was just £30. The celine-esuqe trapeze will add chicness to your oh so hectic day of school and college with it's matte finish.  


Dorothy Perkins £25.00

Dorothy Perkins: £25.00






















If you're still feeling that bucket bag trend then make your way to Dorothy Perkins. The pop of red is complemented by the equally badass studs around the seam. The injection of colour is sure to get you through a dreary start of autumn and winter. They have a similar style in a tame hue if you're more practical, there's a zip at the front to put your stationary, if like me, you're too cool for pencil cases.   


Topshop: £30

Dorothy Perkins: £15.00


























  For those who aren't bag ladies, stick to a classic black and you wont go wrong. A textured fabric and embellished trim gives a bag that subtle fashion nod.
  
Next: £28.00

There aren't many satchels that are big enough to fit your 2 inch thick textiles book and folder and sketchbook but I found this. I'm not sure whether the pleather looks cheap or if, over time the fabric will wear into an authentic vintage look. It has an adjustable hole bit at the top ( haha great description ) so you can loosen it up to fill your bag. Again, this backpack has a front zip for all your stationary. 


River Island: £28.00




This piece is one of those that you need a few minute to decide whether you like it or not. I couldn't quite work out if I thought this was totes an Essex girl's Ibiza bag or a tribal wonder. I decided it was the latter. But, I think only the right person can pull it off. If fashion's your thing then wow your year with this daring combination of prints, neon, and tassels.



River Island: £30







The muted mink may be understated, but the luxe suede could pass for a Chloe bag.







And finally the sac a dos. We always say that fashion isn't about practicality, so I love finding when both fashion and practicality meet. The rucksacks are sooo inexpensive as well. 

             
      River Island: £22.00
   River Island: £25.00
   

No comments:

Post a Comment