everything fierce, everything fabulous, everything fashion.

Sunday 4 August 2013

Kick back and relax




Buses are so unreliable; it was a Friday night and only 7 o'clock and buses were arriving once every hour. So, during our wait, we decided to take some quick outfit piccies...


We both chose simple shades with a pop of bright pink colour; Magz kept quite a simple outfit summery by adding a fuchsia shirt and I chose my new Topshop velvet shoes to introduce a new colour and texture to my outfit.
We both chose T bar shoes to keep a girlish element (and also because we're telepathic!)



         

It's always good to revive old clothing, especially when you have no idea what to wear! 

I rooted through my mum's old clothes and found an old Faith No More band t shirt, which is perfect for the 90s grunge trend.
Magz decided to revamp her old beach dress that she bought on a trip to Malaysia years ago by adding lots of accessories and classic shirt.



Sunglasses- Ebay
Shoes- New Look
Necklace- Topshop
Overshirt- H&M
Belt- Primark
White Dress- Malaysian market


Sunglasses- Rayban
Hat- Topshop
T Shirt- Mum's old
Overshirt- Charity shop
PU shorts- Next
Belt- Blitz London
Shoes- Topshop


The key to these looks is layering; although it's hot, a flowy overshirt can keep the sun off your back and still look trendy. 

Magz chose a slightly sheer fuchsia shirt to give the simple white dress an extra element, rolling up the sleeves and keeping the shirt open to reveal a statement rusted gold necklace.
I opted for a light yellow and blue shirt that I thrifted, which is decorated in all sorts of weird patterns (including little cherubs haha!) and this gave a kimono-feel to my outfit. 






Oversized items can hide your figure in a bad way, therefore cinching clothing at the small parts of your body, e.g your waist or elbows, can flatter your figure as well as still keeping an oversized look.
Magz chose a skinny black belt with cross detailing to prevent the dress and shirt from looking like a sack, and I tied my t-shirt slightly to the side as it is large and covers my shorts and I might look a bit naked if I had kept it long haha.










The overshirts kept us warm as the day merged into night and the party really got going. We all danced, had a jam session and a sing along and overall a really good night hanging out with friends (someone always whips out a guitar don't they?)







3 comments:

  1. what babes the two of you are!

    notanotherjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love your outfits theyre so different but i love them both omg magz look is so me i would so wear everything that oversized shirt is so amazing like i jsut love charity shop finds theyre the bestt and your suede shoes are so amazing also love the white dres is so beezy and just perf for the summer! Lovely post girlies Answer the age old question: Prints Vs Neautrals on my blog xo

    ReplyDelete