everything fierce, everything fabulous, everything fashion.

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Crown Jewels


Yeah, I'm not exactly helping defy the Essex stereotype here, but I love things with jewels!! Okay, minus the vajazzle and the pejazzle, but just general things with jewels on.

I've always wanted a really tacky iphone case. Ever since watching an episode of Hannah Montana (okay I know this is starting to sound lamer and lamer but bear with!) I saw she had this amazingly tacky phone case and wanted one. After probably 3 hours searching through Etsy I found a small store called VintagebyRachael which had my perfect case! Unfortunately for me living in England the postage is £10, and that + £23.41 = way too expensive for a phone case. But luckily for you Americans, postage is only £1.34 (I really should be saying that in dollars, sorry I'm too lazy to convert haha).


Another jewelly pretty crystally thing that I instantly fell in love with was this gemstone hip flask from urban outfitters. It is seriously the most tacky really cool hip flask you can get and perfect for festivals and general naughty shenanigans (you don't even need to have alcohol in it, use it for squash or lemonade, it just looks so fierce!!) I bought this from an actual Urban Outfitters store, and nearly every one had a jewel missing. After taking it to Glastonbury and using it there, I have lost so many of the jewels, so I may take it back which is really upsetting because I love it so much. The flask costs £20, but with a student discount of 10% the total price is £18.

The front hasn't got many missing
jewels, it's mainly the sides and
one big jewel at the back.



On a more fashiony note, statement jewelled heels are on the rise, with Miu Miu starting the trend with their crystal embellished heels. I first saw these when I went into a Miu Miu store just to have a nosy, and I have not stopped lusting over them since. Unfortunately for me, I do not have a spare £590 in my bank, and therefore I will continue to weep and dream of owning them.


Very few high street stores have adapted this trend, but unexpectedly Next have introduced their own version in their new Autumn Winter collection! Although I don't think they are as lovely as the original Miu Miu heels, Next's jewelled heel ballerinas are less than 1/10 of the price, being only £30! 



Topshop have also adapted the silver block heel with their gorgeous metallic square toe sandals. These would look perfect with a pastel co-ord set or midi skirt. They are at the top of my wish list at the moment, but at £65 I'm not sure if I can fork out that much for shoes that I cannot walk in (I'm not good with heels you see :( ).


There are so many lovely jewelled things that I haven't even touched on, like nails, collars, sunglasses, Chanel eyebrows etc but I am loving this trend at the moment and I will give a girlish squeal if I find a cheaper replica of those Miu Miu shoes. 







No comments:

Post a Comment