everything fierce, everything fabulous, everything fashion.

Thursday 11 July 2013

My fair lady

Today I went for the summery look with a tangerine dress under a lightweight, white colour crop top. I wasn't feeling very booby or army which is why I threw on the empire line crop. That and because I wanted to revitalise this dress I bought 2 or 3 years ago. I'm sure like a lot of you (our handful of subscribers) don't invest in many summery dresses because, really...is it ever Sunny Southend?

 A good way to get your money's worth out of a summer dress is to buy a staple. This way it is way more versatile, and worth buying. I'm always a fan of layering, but depending on how hot the weather is, go cropless. Instead, pile on the bangles, this season it'd be golden arrow points and simple 1cm thick bracelets. If you don't like jewellery (God knows why you wouldn't), you can wear a tanned floppy hat, or a straw trilby. But, I'm not actually too fond of the straw trilby, I find that people think they go with anything, but they don't, so they end up being over worn, and worn wrongly, in this case it should go with a summery dress. I would also strongly advise AGAINST straw cowboy hats, EVER. They're so...page 3 girl on I'm a celeb. If you want a secure, understated hat then wear a straw pork pie hat, or a classic straw bowler. NO black with a bright summery dress, even if you want to look edgier. If you're feeling daring, you could wear a school girl boater, and tie it with a ribbon. 

If you want to layer, don't be afraid to wear a loose top over a flowing skirt to go for the effortless cool beach look. Maybe a grey, breathable pullover? 








Topshop Dress
Topshop Crop Top
Topshop/Miss Selfridge Necklace 




No comments:

Post a Comment