everything fierce, everything fabulous, everything fashion.

Tuesday 12 March 2013

* The haul of shame *



After work I decided to browse some shops for an innocent trend scout. What was I thinking?! 

I ended up going on an impulse buy and when I saw my receipt I look like ^^^^
Check out that robe.


Tip: Try clothes on before you buy them, even if you can't be bothered. Because when you get home you will anyways, and if you don't like it you'll end up wasting time going back to the shop or not doing it at all!






Seriously, trends keep on repeating themselves so now I keep all my clothes. Polka dots were on trend last year, but they never seemed to gather much hype. This year people seem to be taking a different view on them and I'm actually spotting the trend on the streets. I decided to jump on the band wagon. It was only £10 from Topshop so it was a bargain!



These burg. leggings I'm still unsure about. I adore the colour but I own too much burgundy and it's a colour that's going out of fashion. They were £18 from Topshop; I convinced myself to buy them as my rationing was "they're only £3 from than £15, and with £15 you'd buy them from H n M " which is quite right. I invested £3 more than I'd usually spend so I'd have better quality trouser leggings. Plus, I re-wear my bottoms all the time, and they're all a hue of blue, black or grey so having a different colour is a good idea I guess. The seams are a nice detail in themselves in comparison to normal plain bottoms. 



Embroidered pumps £8 from Primark.

My staple studded Topshop shoes got chatty so I needed a quick replacement.

Embroidered shoes are hot right now, I've seen tons of them on MissGuided and other trend setting online shops too. Most popular designs are moustaches but I didn't fancy that.

Another trend that is hot this season is colbalt blue. Topshop is rocking it on every other piece of clothing so of course it's everywhere. These babies were £3 in the sale.

I never like to shop in Primark because it's increasingly getting expensive, whilst the quality is still poor. Also the fact that everyone has their stuff is off putting. But I always seem to find my best Primark stuff in the sale. So every sale time I'll have a nosey because if it's in the sale not as many people have it, and it's so cheap the quality doesn't matter.




These sparkly leggings we're in the sale for £3 as well. RESULT.

Tip: Wear them in the day with a plain, casual picture top to dress it down.





Whilst waiting in the queue I spied a pair of cute dolly sock for £1.50. I'm a sucker for inexpensive accessories because they finish an outfit off!





H n M scarf £8

I never really buy scarves but when I saw this other girl wanting it after it caught my eye first, I heard it calling my name even louder. There was only one left which also forced me to buy it! It hits two trends too, neon and clashing prints! 




The tie dye trend has filtered from hipsters to the high street. And I'm lovin' it! This effect isn't the typical print, it looks as if there are flowers embedded in some sections which made it even cooler. They're high waisted so they make your legs look longer. Always a plus!

Tip: Invest in Lycra material leggings, they'll last longer, be more comfortable and hug your body tighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment